Food processors are among the handiest home appliances in the kitchen. They help make some steps in preparing certain recipes among other advantages.
You therefore want it to always do its best in processing whatever kind of food you want effectively. For this to be the case always, you need to learn how to take care of this wonderful home appliance.
Caring for a processor does not require any special expertise and neither is it time-consuming. All you need to know are simple tips on what you can do while using it to ensure that you do not cause harm to it yourself.
1. Know the Type of Foods for Your Processor
Food processors are not the ultimate solution for processing all the kind of foods you could ever want. They are delicate machines that need to be used for their correct purpose.
It is therefore important that you know which foods can go into the processor and which cannot. Using the machine for the wrong purpose can damage it and even cause other untoward incidents.
2. The Size and Quantity of the Food
Another thing that is important to consider is the size of the pieces of food you put in this machine. It is best if you chop the food into small pieces as these will be easier to process and ensure consistency.
The amount of food you put into the processor also matters a lot. Never overfill it. Putting the right quantity improves the efficiency of the processor and produces better blended food.
3. Taking Care of the Blades
The blades of your processor are literally its main components. If they stop working or malfunction, you will suffer the consequences directly on your food. To avoid these kinds of situations, you need to wipe and oil your blades regularly.
Wiping the blades clears them of moisture and oiling helps them run more efficiently. Manufacturers provide instruction manuals on how you can oil the blades so it shouldn’t be a hard task.
If you notice that your blades have become worn out, replace them. You can read on the best food processor reviews to learn more on how the blades in your processor work.
4. The Cleaning
I highly emphasize that you never ever forget to clean your processor. This should be done every time you make use of it. Failure to clean it, only leaves food stuck in between the parts of your processor such as the blades and eventually damaging them.
Cleaning your processor only requires you to follow these simple steps:
- First, you need to take it apart and separate all the parts. Keeping the motor aside, take the rest of the parts and dip them in the sink.
- Use warm, soapy water and a nylon scrubber to clean them. Do not use scrubbers that may damage the plastic.
- As you clean them, check all the crannies and tight spaces to make sure that there are no food remains left behind.
- If you want to get rid of odor, simply mix water and baking soda and leave it the processor for twenty minutes.
- Once you are through with the cleaning, leave it to dry completely. Do not assemble it back until it is completely dry.